Housing Programs

If you are looking to call Red Lake Falls your home, contact City Hall at 218-253-2684.

They keep an updated listing of homes for sale and rental property available and would be happy to help.
The City also has undeveloped city property for sale including new lots in the Kankel Addition.


 City Tax Abatement Program

  • Applies to new residential construction only.
  • Home must be owned by the party requesting the abatement, home may be used as a rental property.
  • Tax Abatement Program For New Construction

 Red Lake Falls New Housing/Kankel Addition

Contact the Red Lake Falls City Hall if you are interested in purchasing a lot in the Kankel Addition.



 USDA Rural Development Programs

  • Assistance with the purchase of a home or to repair a home for qualified applicants.
  • Rural Development 502 Direct Loans (to purchase a home)
  • Rural Development 504 Repair Program ( to repair a home you already own)
  • More information on USDA Home Loan Programs
  • USDA Rural Development