Section 803.03. BURNING OF LEAVES
The City Council of the City of Red Lake Falls, Minnesota ordains as follows:
Subd. 1. This section shall pertain only to the burning of leaves. It is unlawful for any person to burn rubbish, trash, or other material as prohibited under City of Red Lake Falls Ordinance 803.04.
Subd. 2. The burning of leaves will only be permitted under the following
- Such burning of leaves will only be permitted between September 15th and December 1st.
- A responsible person shall be in constant attendance until the fire is completely extinguished.
- Burning will only be allowed between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M. All fires must be extinguished by 9:00 o’clock P.M.
- A fire shall not be less than five feet from any property line.
- Burning of leaves within 25 feet of any building, lumber pile, wood yard, or hay stack is prohibited.
- The burning of leaves is prohibited on City streets, alleys, sidewalks, boulevards, riverbanks, or any public property by private citizens.
- No open burning of leaves shall take place during an air pollution alert warning or emergency declared by the Minnesota Environmental Protection Agency.
- The City Council of the City of Red Lake Falls may temporally discontinue burning between September 15 and December 1 due to unsafe conditions (i.e., excessive dryness, etc.)
Subd. 3. Penalty. Any person violating the provisions of this ordinance shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.